What is Adspect¶
Adspect is an easy-to-use cloud-based service for protecting affiliate campaigns (CPA offers, landing pages) from unwanted traffic. By unwanted traffic we mean:
- moderators and policy teams of ad networks
- bots of antivirus companies
- click fraud, ubiquitous in display ads and popunder
- spy services used by competitors to steal your creatives and landing pages
- competing advertisers themselves
- content scrapers
- credential stuffing bots
- and other flavors of questionable or outright hostile visitors
It works as follows: visitors (traffic of any kind: ads, e-mail, organic, etc.) get their intrinsic attributes collected and evaluated by our special PHP script before getting to their final destination. Adspect runs more than a hundred checks on each click and produces a verdict whether a visitor is relevant or unwanted. Relevant visitors are brought to your actual money-making content (the so-called “money page”) whereas unwanted visitors are shown a different version of content that does not expose anything sensitive (the so-called “safe page.”) What to consider “sensitive” is your private choice: traffic does not cross Adspect servers directly, so we enforce no policies regarding its nature.
You may find quick answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQ.
We work with all traffic sources, both existing and those that will appear in future–our filtering algorithms are perfectly universal and equally efficient across all possible origins of traffic. We support all the largest advertising networks, including:
- Facebook and Instagram
- Google Ads and Google Play (in-app cloaking)
- App Store (in-app cloaking)
- TikTok Ads
- Microsoft Advertising (former Bing Ads)
- Traffic Factory
- and many others (filtering algorithms are universal)
We also protect your landing pages and offers from various antivirus, security, and ad scoring companies, including:
- Google Safe Browsing
- The Media Trust
- Ad Lightning
- Integral Ad Science
- Kaspersky Labs
- residential and mobile proxies, including Luminati and GeoSurf
- and many others
Adspect supports three integration types that differ in technical details and use cases:
- Forward PHP integration via a standalone
- Reverse PHP integration via including a
<script>HTML tag embedding using a remote
More details will be given later in the Integration chapter.
Here’s a list of system requirements for using Adspect:
You may obtain information about your PHP setup using the following script:
Adspect can be used on dedicated servers, VPS, and shared hosting.
Do not use the following hosting providers:
- Namecheap shared hosting
All of them are known to randomly block POST requests used by Adspect to transmit device fingerprints.
Common Adspect workflow for affiliate marketing campaigns consists of the following steps:
- Create an Adspect stream for your campaign;
- Choose an appropriate integration method and follow instructions on the integration page;
- Set the stream to the All Money mode and test it to make sure that money page is displayed correctly;
- Set the stream to the All White mode and test it to make sure that white page is displayed correctly;
- Set the stream to the Filtering mode and test it to make sure that you get forwarded to money page without any errors (temporarily disable any manual filters that may block you);
- Set the stream to the On Review mode;
- Create an ad campaign and submit it for review;
- Wait for campaign approval and switch the stream into Filtering mode;
- Run traffic and explore statistics in the Reporting section.